Daughter tragically dies while swimming in lake – Family warns everyone of lake electrocution

Ever heard of lake electrocution? Don’t feel bad if you haven’t because most people have no idea what this refers to either. However, it’s important that you learn more about it, because it’s actually something that could put your life or the life of someone you love at risk.
It’s a threat the parents in the video below are trying to warn everyone about. Why? Because they’ve lost their daughter because of it and they don’t want any other parents to go through what they went through.
Fifteen-year-old Carmen Johnson tragically lost her life while swimming in the lake behind their home. The teenage girl loved swimming and she was an experienced swimmer, but what happened on that faithful day caught her off guard.
You see, while she was in the water, something pulled her down into the abyss causing her to ultimately drown. The girl’s dad and brother jumped in the water to save her, but there was nothing they could do. The weird incident that put an end to Carmen’s life is called shock drowning.
It happens when current spreads through the water causing those who are in it to be electrocuted and die drowning. The current can be from a short circuit in the wiring of boats or in a dock.
Those caught in the water can’t move and find it impossible to swim their way out because they are basically paralyzed by the shock.
Unfortunately, this happens more often than you think, so it’s paramount that you share this so that as many people as possible learn about the dangers they might be facing when swimming.

Spread the love